Number of People Nice Enough to Stop By....

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Recap 5/2 (5/3) Game 3 vs. NY Rangers

Rangers   2
Capitals   1 (3 OT)

GWG:  Marian Gaborik
Three Stars:  Marian Gaborik, Henrik Lundquist, Braden Holtby  (kind of a no-brainer there!)

GROOOAAAAAAAAAANNNN!

I swear I am a glutton for punishment...this team, I don't know what it is. They're like a cruel lover, they bring you all the way to the brink and then just leave you hanging.

And yes, even now as I write this, three days after it happened, I am STILL recovering from it all.  I kinda feel bad, because at times....dare I say it?  I wanted the damn thing to end so I could just go to bed.  But this isn't baseball after all--this is hockey.  And when it's the Cup that's on the line, you play until there is a winner.

Because it's the Cup.

And with that you are reminded....whyyyyyyyyyyyyy it is these players (and their fans) put themselves through absolute hell every spring.

Now, I wouldn't put this game anywhere up there with some of the multi-OT classics such as the Easter Epic or Game 4 of the 1996 Conference Quarters against Pittsburgh.  But this game had its moments; such as Matt Hendricks perfectly delivered (and clean!) body check.  And Ryan Callahan's relentless pursuit of the puck.  Not to mention Alex Ovechkin shooting...and shooting...and shooting.

Of course by the time the sixth period had trudged around, the players were skating in Belgian mud.  The whole flipping time I couldn't help but think, "all those missed chances all those times before in the game are going to come back and bite them in the ass."  Well, sure enough.....and naturally it was a Brad Richards' pass that found Marian Gaborik for the goal.  Although I was sure Ryan Callahan would have a hand in the winning goal, he just would not let up.  I swear he was like DiSaronno served when it's served best--all over the ice.

Yaaaawwn.  Well, I think I'll catch a quick nap before the game starts.  Judging by how damn close these games have been, I'll probably need it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Put it here, bring the smack if you want, but back it up and be respectful.