Number of People Nice Enough to Stop By....

Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 15, 2011

Fun with a Playoff Tradition

For those of you that have even read a few of my posts, you know that I don't hold a very high opinion of one Greg Wyshinski, AKA Puck Daddy--he of the Yahoo! NHL blog.  No, I am NOT a wannabe, though I would love to have his job.  I think his view of the league, and especially of my team is very skewed and most of his articles either irrelevant or redundant. 

But in a recent post I saw that he did, I couldn't help but laugh out loud.  He basically took some time to explore, ehh, a different side of a certain playoff tradition--the playoff beard.

I won't go into details, and since I am a good historian, I will simply give credit where credit is due.  I must warn you however, that some of the content is barely PG-13 type material, if not worse.  So you may want to have the little ones avoid it.  Go here for the PD article.


Speaking of history supposedly the playoff beard was started during the 1980 Stanley Cup run by the New York Islanders.  Perhaps the maven, Stan Fischler can verifiy that.  For my part, I love the playoff beard, but mainly because I hate shaving.  Now Mrs. Blueliner of course would rather I gas that superstition for obvious reasons.  Oh well.


Just a short shift for now, more to come around the time of  time of tonight's game!


'Liner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Put it here, bring the smack if you want, but back it up and be respectful.